We’re looking for an experienced and wildly creative UX & UI mobile game designer to join our team and strive to create, design, enhance and maintain memorable, intuitive, polished, and beautiful user experiences and user interfaces that our players will love.
What you will be doing
● Work closely with Product, Game Design, and Creative teams to deliver creative, stunning, intuitive solutions that improve our gamers’ experience (visually and experientially)
● Carry designs from whiteboard to wireframes to prototypes to cohesive creative design and final in-game implementation
● Identify and convey critical information needed to optimize player engagement
● Develop concepts and ideas for future release
● Develop and create UI solutions, both existing and new ones
● Elevate our approach towards interface design and user experience of games by providing guidelines and best practices for excellence in mobile games UI and UX
● Create and implement assets in the game engine alongside our engineers
● Lead rapid iterations and testing on a variety of concepts, from wireframes to fully designed interfaces and layouts
● Run experiments, analyze data, convey the finding to game teams, generate solutions to identified issues
● Stay up to date with interaction design trends and to enrich the overall studio culture and use this knowledge in the development of the best possible game experiences in line with our games, services, products
● Understand our audience(s) in order to develop art and experience they know and love
● Review final products and ensure they are pixel perfect
● Support marketing and creative teams by providing briefs to align with the product artistic style and ensure consistency between the product and its marketing
Your experience and skills
● Proven experience in Interface Design, User Experience for software, mobile games or applications is an absolute must
● Knowledge of iOS and Android interfaces and platform specific UX and functionalities
● Ability to create information architecture, prototypes, wireframes, production quality final visuals
● Experience with user interface design patterns, standard methodologies, and best practices across multiple platforms
● Full-stack design approach: mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and associated design tools
● Graphic design experience: strong skills in layout, typography and color theory
● Unity experience integrating UI assets and layouts
● Some interest and experience in 3D modelling (Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush) is a plus
● Bonus: GUI animation skills, hand drawing & illustration skills
● Passion for mobile games
● Well versed in current mobile game design trends and aesthetics and a sense of contemporary visual design sensibilities should be demonstrated in your portfolio
● Portfolio must display material from multiple projects that you’re proud of and excited about
COVID-19 Update: Codeway is closely following the COVID-19 situation and ensuring team member and candidate safety. All interviews are now held virtually. Office use is completely optional until the pandemic is over. Please stay safe!
In a short period of time, we've managed to build a unique company culture that our team members love to be a part of. And now it's official.
If you're curious to learn what makes Codeway a Great Place to Work™, check out our first year documentary!
A competitive compensation package
Quarterly compensation adjustment program: Codeway operates globally. So, no matter what's happening in your national economy, it is our responsibility to make sure that your global purchasing power stays the same, or only goes up
A top-notch office in Ferko Signature, located at the heart of Istanbul, right next to Levent Metro Station
Unlimited snacks, coffee & soft drinks from Codebucks (Yes, you’ve heard it right: We love coffee so much that we’ve built our own coffeeshop inside our office!)
Free breakfast at Codebucks - every morning at 9:30 AM
Competitive private health insurance package: We take full responsibility for our team’s health and safety
Office use is completely optional until the pandemic is over, so that you don’t have to worry about the health and safety of your close ones
A meal compensation that is actually enough for a decent & nutritious lunch, we’re way above the industry standard
No dress code - dress as you like!
Happy hours every Friday: EVERY. SINGLE. FRIDAY. When it’s 5 PM: Screens off, party on! (Check out @codewaystudios on Instagram to see our after-party videos)
Gaming room: Whenever you need to take a break from hard work and relax with your favorite PC or PS5 game, our fully-equipped gaming room will be waiting for you :)
A brand new Macbook, iPhone 12 Mini, magic mouse, magic keyboard; an adjustable desk with a 4K screen. We’ll provide any gear that you’ll need to deliver your best work
Subscription to any software you might need to perform at your best
An unlimited Udemy subscription and full support on any kind of learning path you are willing to follow
Easy. Short. Transparent. Not a rocket science!
Let’s talk about your experience & expectations. What can we achieve together?
For some positions we'll need to test your technical skills. We might send you a task to solve.
A final interview with the executive team to see if we're all on the same page
You are now part of the team! Let’s celebrate it together.